Sparkling Wines come in all shapes and colours and from many different countries of the World.
By far the most famous sparkling wine is from the Champagne region of France, but do not be put off, or shy away from other sparkling wines, not only from other regions in France, but try some from the following and you will be pleasantly surprised;
- Spain, who produce the wonderful 'Cava',
- Italy with their 'Prosecco',
- English Sparkling Wine, which in recent years has beaten Champagne in awards and blind tastings!
- German Sekt. Go for bottles marked 'Trocken' meaning 'dry'
- Argentina, with some wonderful Bruts
- Australia, who produce some fuller flavoured sparklers including red!